7-Zip is an Open Source product that You may use for private or commercial use for free. 7-Zip is really my favorite archive tool! It does everything that can WinZip or WinRar - most popular commercial zip utilities. And even more - it uses it’s own format “7z”, that sometimes has better compression ratio.
There are main features of 7-Zip:
- High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression
- 7-Zip is free software distributed under the GNU LGPL
- Supported formats:
- Packing / unpacking: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR
- Unpacking only: RAR, CAB, ISO, ARJ, LZH, CHM, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB and NSIS
- For ZIP and GZIP formats 7-Zip provides compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- Localizations for 63 languages
Blender is the open source software for 3D modeling, animation, rendering, post-production, interactive creation and playback. Available for all major operating systems under the GNU General Public License. Blender therefore is fully free to use and distribute within any educational, professional or commercial environment. Artwork created with Blender – including python scripts – is the sole property of the creator.
There are main Blender features:
- Revolutionary non-overlapping and non-blocking UI delivers unsurpassed workflow
- Flexible and fully configurable window layout with as many screen setups as you prefer
- Undo support on all levels
- Powerful built-in database system allowing instances, scene management, and dynamic linking multiple project files
- Anti-aliased fonts with international translation support
- Windows for animation curves/keys, outliner, schematic scene diagram, non-linear video sequence editing, character animation action editor, non-linear animation mixer, image/UV editing, file/image selection and file management
- Built-in text editor for annotations and editing Python scripts
- Consistent interface across all platforms
IrfanView is a very fast, small, compact and innovative freeware (for non-commercial use) graphic viewer for Windows 98 and up. I use it and recommend it to anyone.
Some IrfanView features:
- Many supported file formats
- Multi language support
- Thumbnail/preview option
- Slideshow (save slideshow as EXE/SCR or burn it to CD)
- Show EXIF/IPTC/Comment text in Slideshow/Fullscreen etc.
- Support for Adobe Photoshop Filters
- Fast directory view (moving through directory)
- Batch conversion (with image processing)
- Multipage TIF editing
- Email option
- Multimedia player
- Print option
- Change color depth
- Scan (batch scan) support
- IPTC editing
- Effects (Sharpen, Blur, Adobe 8BF, Filter Factory, Filters Unlimited, etc.)
- Extract icons from EXE/DLL/ICLs
- Lossless JPG rotation
- Many hotkeys
- Many command line options
- Many PlugIns
- Only one EXE-File, no DLLs, no Shareware messages like “I Agree” or “Evaluation expired”
- No registry changes without user action/permission!
- and much much more
I’ve looked for this software very long! This is the best!
Mach5′s autorun can take a simple web page and make it drive several installers or other content on your CD. Mach5′s freeware cd autorun creator program opens up an IE control with width, height, and initial page (home page) to load all pulled from an ini file. It patches the “install:” protocol in the IE control to launch a general file from your CD. It can be any file or document to open. That’s it! That’s all it does.
- Make a CD with multiple packages on it – your customers can easily pick which package to install.
- As easy as making a web page. In fact.. it is the same as making a web page!
- You can run your installer application or open documents by simply putting an HTML style link in your layout.
- Freely distributable on your CDs, free of adware, spyware, or other rotten mess.
Sam Spade for Windows is a freeware network query tool collection. Each tool displays it’s output in it’s own window, and everything is multi-threaded so you don’t need to wait for one query to complete before starting the next one. There’s a lot of online help, in both WinHelp and HTMLHelp formats. This includes tutorials, background information and links to online resources as well as the program manual itself.
- IP block whois
- SMTP VRFY
- web browser
- DNS zone transfer
- SMTP relay check
- Usenet cancel check
- website download
- website search
- email header analysis
- Email blacklist query
- Abuse address query
- S-Lang scripting