IsoBuster rescue lost files from a bad or trashed CD or DVD or a Blu Ray disc (e.g. BD or HD DVD) ! Save important documents, precious pictures or video from the family, your only system backup, etc.
IsoBuster is a highly specialized yet easy to use optical media data recovery tool. It supports all optical disc formats and all common optical disc file-systems. Start up IsoBuster, insert a disc, select the drive and let IsoBuster mount the media. IsoBuster immediately shows you all the tracks and sessions located on the media, combined with all file-systems that are present. This way you get easy access, just like explorer, to all the files and folders per file-system. Instead of being limited to one file-system that the OS picks for you, you have access to “the complete picture”. Access data from older sessions, access data that your OS (e.g. Windows) does not see or hides from you etc.
IsoBuster feature list:
- Data recovery from all possible CD, DVD and Blu Ray (BD & HD DVD) formats
- CDs stay ‘readable’ after problems (such as Buffer Under-run, …)
- Read / Extraction from open sessions.
- All sessions, including older ones, are accessible and can be recovered.
- Find lost data on CDs, DVDs, BDs or HD DVDs, created with integrated drag and drop applications, otherwise also known as packet writing software.
- Includes a vast range of features for Mac files support on PC (HFS, ISO9660, UDF), including Mac Binary extraction of files.
- Recover data from blanked or quick formatted DVD+RW media.
- Full FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32 support (for instance on DVD-RAM or BD-RE)
- Compile (and edit, save, print) lists of all files that contain physical read errors.
- Creation of image files (*.ibp and *.ibq,*.iso, *.bin, *.tao)
- Creation of checksum files (*.md5)
- Creation of cue sheet files (*.cue)
For complete list of IsoBuster features please refer to IsoBuster homepage.
IsoBuster also features Language support for over forty languages.
IsoBuster has also PRO version with more special functions available.
Have you ever needed special Windows installation image, with integrated drivers or added patches/service packs etc.? I did. To install Windows on RAID array I had to find solution. And I found nLite – Windows Installation Customizer.
nLite is a tool for pre-installation Windows configuration and component removal at your choice. Optional bootable image ready for burning on media or testing in virtual machines.
With nLite you will be able to have Windows installation which on install does not include, or even contain on media, the unwanted components.
- Service Pack Integration
- Component Removal
- Unattended Setup
- Driver Integration
- Hotfixes Integration
- Services Configuration
- Bootable ISO creation
nLite supports Windows 2000, XP x86/x64 and 2003 x86/x64 in all languages.
It needs .NET Framework 2.0 in order to run… Check if you have it already, maybe on some of your CDs before downloading if your connection is slow.
nLite allows you to customize your installation of Windows XP, Windows 2000, or Windows 2003. You can integrate service packs and hotfixes from Microsoft directly into your windows distribution files without having to re-download and install them every time you need to re-install windows.
There is also the option to remove unwanted components from within Windows. Many applications are automatically included every time windows is installed. Not every person needs or even wants all of these applications which Microsoft considers to be necessary. By removing these unwanted components you can free up space within your setup and ultimately save space on your hard drive after installation.
nLite also provides a way to customize your installation by allowing numerous tweaks to the way Windows looks and operates after it has been installed. You can even bypass Microsoft’s bulky unattended setup instructions and do it the easy way. The nLite way!
MyChecklist is a very small and lightweight freeware application that can only maintain your “ToDo” checklist. It minimize into tray and is back on double-click. You can add/remove tasks, mark them as done, change priority and also backup data.
With MyChecklist you can:
- add new item by pressing INS button or thru right-mouse-click, delete it with DEL button
- backup your data often, to prevent from unwanted deletion
- adjust the size of columns and size of application, it will be saved on exit in mychecklist.ini file, and reloaded on next start
- on minimalization, it minimalizes into your traybar, where you have to either double-click or right-mouse-click and select restore or exit
MailStore Home is free program that allows you to archive all your email to be sure you won’t lose it one day.
A Central Archive for all Emails:
- Internet mailboxes such as Gmail or Yahoo Mail
- Any mailboxes using POP3 or IMAP
- Microsoft Outlook 2000, XP, 2003, 2007, 2010
- Microsoft Outlook Express and Windows Mail
- Microsoft Exchange Server and Hosted Exchange
- Mozilla Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
- .EML and other email files
There is also free portable verson of MailStore Home. You can create the email archive on any USB flash or USB hard drive. Even better: MailStore Home Portable can be started directly from the USB store without any previous installation. This way, you can open and browse your email archive on any computer within seconds. MailStore Home Portable offers all features of the standard version.
While MailStore Home is a free software solution for individual users, MailStore Server is aimed at businesses looking to safely and permanently store all company email in a central archive. Not only can MailStore Server archive existing mailboxes or files (e.g. Outlook PST), it can even archive all incoming and outgoing email automatically.
FixVTS is a very tiny tool that allows you to adjust your DVD files into better DVD compliance, so they can be opened in DVDShrink or VobBlanker. FixVTS does a similar job as what’s called an IFOEdit Mock Strip, but only adjust as little information as possible in the VOB and IFO files to allow it to open in a other appication while keeping the DVD as original as possible.
You would use FixVTS if you messed up your DVD, for example by applying the wrong tool, or aborting in the middle of some processing, and the result can no longer be used. Another good use is for DVDs that have been authored with deliberate “errors” in the IFO or VOB files, such that they still play on your player, but won’t open in DVD editing tools such as DVDShrink, VobBlanker and others.
This is a must have for me as a DVD recorder owner. For me it fixed Nero error “File ‘VIDEO_TS.VOB’ is not referenced and should not be present”.