Fresh View gives you the ability to organize and view multimedia files (images, audio, video). Watch movies, listen to music, and view graphics in a slide show. Image files in a folder can be displayed using a number of views, including a thumbnail view that lets you quickly see what your images are without having to open them.
You can convert graphics from one type to another, print, and even create an HTML album. This easy-to-use software supports 86 different formats (more and more added regularly). Below are the list of some currently supported formats:
Windows Bitmap (*.bmp), Windows Metafile (*.wmf,*.emf), JPEG Image (*.jpg,*.jpe,*.jpeg,*.jfif), CompuServe GIF Image (*.gif), Portable Network Graphic Image (*.png), Tagged Image File Format Image (*.tif,*.tiff), Photoshop Image (*.psd,*.pdd), TrueVision Image (*.tga,*.win,*.vst,*.vda,*.icb), Run Length Encoded Bitmap (*.rle), Device Independent Bitmap (*.dib), GFI Fax Image (*.fax), Encapsulated Postscript Image (*.eps), ZSoft Paintbrush Image (*.pcx,*.pcc), Word 5.x Screen Capture Image (*.scr), Alias/Wavefront Image (*.rla,*.rpf), SGI Images (*.sgi,*.rgb, *.rgba, *.bw), Portable Pixel Map Image (*.ppm), Portable Gray Map Image (*.pgm), Portable Bitmap Image (*.pbm), Autodesk Image (*.cel,*.pic), Kodak Photo-CD Image (*.pcd), Dr. Halo Image (*.cut), Paintshop Pro Image (*.psp)
WAVE Audio (*.wav), MP3 Audio (*.mp3), MIDI Audio (*.mid, *.midi, *.rmi), Vorbis Ogg Audio (*.ogg), AIFF Audio (*.aif, *.aifc, *.aiff), AU Audio (*.au), ProTracker Mod Audio (*.mod, *.mdz, *.nst, *.m15), Module Lists Audio (*.mol), Zipped Mod Audio (*.mdz, *.s3z, *.xmz, *.itz), ScreamTracker Mod Audio (*.s3m, *.stm, *.s3z), FastTracker Mod Audio (*.xm, *.xmz), Impulse Tracker Mod Audio (*.it, *.itz), MultiTracker Mod Audio (*.mtm), Octamed Mod Audio (*.med), Other MOD Audio (*.wow, *.669, *.far, *.okt)
AVI Video (*.avi), MPEG Video (*.m1v, *.mp2, *.mp2v, *.mpa, *.mpe, *.mpeg, *.mpg, *.mpv2)
Icon Resources Formats:
Windows Icon (*.ico), Windows Cursor (*.cur), Animated Cursor (*.ani), Icon Library (*.icl), Executable File (*.exe), Dynamic Linking Library (*.dll)
Download free image viewer Freshview here.
SimpleOCR is the popular freeware OCR (Optical character recognition) software with hundreds of thousands of users worldwide. SimpleOCR is also a royalty-free OCR SDK for developers to use in their custom applications.
If you have a scanner and want to avoid retyping your documents, SimpleOCR is the fast, free way to do it. The SimpleOCR freeware is 100% free and not limited in any way. Anyone can use SimpleOCR for free–home users, educational institutions, even corporate users.
Do you dread having to retype that document you are holding in your hand? If only you had the electronic file, your life would be so much easier. With SimpleOCR, you could easily and accurately convert that paper document into editable electronic text for use in any application including Word and WordPerfect.
Not only is SimpleOCR up to 99% accurate, it is 100% free. (more…)
FinalBurner is a freeware alternative to expensive CD and DVD burners. Its users will benefit from the opportunity to create data, audio, and video disks and burn them onto any type of media, such as CD R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD DL. No tedious or confusing configuration needed. You just select a few main settings and start burning. FinalBurner’s artificial intelligence will find the perfect recording balance.
FinalBurner main features:
- Burn Data CD/DVD (CD R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD DL, HD-DVD, Blu-Ray, etc.)
- Burn Audio CD (Import from *.wav; *.mp3; *.ogg; *.mid; *.wma; *.aac; *.mp4; *.m4a; *.xm; *.mod; *.s3m; *.it; *.mtm; *.mo3 audio files.)
- Burn Video DVD (Import from AVI, DIVX, XVID, MP4, MPG, WMV, ASF, MOV, etc. Capture from Webcam, TV tuner, DV, etc. )
- Burn ISO images
Mp3tag is a powerful and yet easy-to-use tool to edit metadata (ID3, Vorbis Comments and APE) of common audio formats. It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words from tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more. The program supports online freedb database lookups for selected files, allowing you to automatically gather proper tag information for select files or CDs.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkey’s Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Tom’s Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
- Write ID3v1.1-, ID3v2-, APEv2-Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once
- Full Unicode support
- Support for embedded cover art
- Automatically create playlists
- Recursive subfolders support
- Remove parts or the entire tag of multiple files
- Rename files based on the tag information
- Import tags from filenames
- Format tags and filenames
- Replace characters or words from tags and filenames
- Regular Expressions
- Export tag information to user-defined formats (like html, rtf, csv, xml)
- Import tag information from online databases like freedb or Amazon (also by text-search)
- Import tag information from local freedb databases
- Support for ID3v2.3 (ISO-8859-1 and UTF-16) and ID3v2.4 with UTF-8
- and much more …
Download free mp3tag
CamStudio is a great tool for recording on-screen activity into standard AVI video files. CamStudio can record anything that you see on your screen such as cursor movements, program launches etc. The program is easy to use, and you can select an area or full desktop for recording. You can adjust the video quality settings to reduce file size, and use custom cursors. Ideal for such purposes as demonstrating features of a new software, create user training videos, and more. This version allows you to record audio from microphone or speakers, create anti-aliased screen captions in mutiple languages, and display a transparent webcam window. CamStudio is able to record all screen and audio activity on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files and using its built-in SWF Producer can turn those AVIs into lean, mean, bandwidth-friendly Streaming Flash videos (SWFs)
Here are just a few ways you can use this software:
- You can use it to create demonstration videos for any software program
- Or how about creating a set of videos answering your most frequently asked questions?
- You can create video tutorials for school or college class
- You can use it to record a recurring problem with your computer so you can show technical support people
- You can use it to create video-based information products you can sell
- You can even use it to record new tricks and techniques you discover on your favourite software program, before you forget them
Download CamStudio for free here.